Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

one candle + oil burner = no more stink


Moving day ensued yesterday and all of our precious belongings have landed in the rent house with little to no incident. It is fun to see our coaches, table,bed and various other garage sale finds in new surroundings. It has been like rediscovering and falling in love with my furniture all over again. However, despite seeing the beauty of the furniture, the house (due to not being lived in for a while) has a funky odor! So I have burning a lot of candles and an essential oil burner from The Body Shop with Lemon Basil scent(thanks Juliana) to help rid the house of its' musty odor. If it wasn't the dead of winter I would open up all the windows and let the house air out.

I did spend the greater part of Wednesday cleaning all the baseboards and blinds in the rooms we will be living in (the house is 3 bedroom, 2 bath which is way to much space for the three of us). As always my faithful companion kept watch at the window for any intruders. Not only that, but she helps me keep my sanity when I have to spend days alone. (Doesn't she look so cute with her new hair cut. Sorry boys she is already taken!)


More posts to follow on the simple decorating that will be taking place. Leave a comment on which room of the rent house you would like to see first! For now I leave you with one small sneak peak:


(Pictures are courtesy of me and my new camera that my sweet husband bought me for Christmas)


1 comments:

k said...

Living room!!!

Post a Comment