Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Furniture + Love = Living Room



Tomorrow begins my second semester in graduate school and I'm not sure that I am ready for the stress, lack of sleep, and lack of free time that is about to take place. Although the break was extremely relaxing it wasn't until this last week that we have finally settled into our new town, had our things all in one location, and had running water each morning! Well, I will begin the tour of our rent house with the living room. I decided that I would only unpack one box of living room decorations and this is the box that got opened first. When you open the front door this is the scene that greets you. (Luna will probably more than likely be jumping on you and barking to get your attention).


I noticed that once all my things were put together I have a lot more modern pieces of furniture than I realized. The coffee table will be going shortly (it is too high) and I would like to get more white pillows on the coach to replace the blue ones(which will eventually find their way back into the office where they belong). I want more of a cottage feel throughout my house and seeing these pictures actually helped me realize only pieces of my furniture fit this bill. The majority of these things (excluding the coach) were bought on clearance, from an antique store or from a garage sale. So I don't have a lot of moo-lah invested into then.



This sofa table is from Target and I got it for $30 on clearance! Originally it is $129.99. When I saw that red clearance sticker I just knew I could not leave the store without this little baby. The candles are from my wedding and the wire thingy is from an antique store.

This elephant is from Africa and makes me think of my 6th grade years when I collected all sorts of elephants.



This coat rack was purchased at Ikea for $29 buck-a-roos. It has been perfect because we don't have to nail in a coat rack at each rent house we move into. It is coming in handy at this house because it blocks our TV from anyone who looks into our house from the front door.


This little beauty is probably one of my favorite pieces in my whole house. It has served as a "welcome center" (aka, where Adam would put his keys when he came home), as a magazine holder, and now is being used as an end table. I bought it at one of my favorite antique stores in Fort Worth.



Hope everyone enjoyed the pictures. I will show a new room next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so cute!!!! so how long do you plan to be in this rent house? hows the other house searching going? oh and...do the kitchen next!

Khylee said...

thanks! I wish I had all my decorative stuff out and it would look fantabulous! We are living here until we find a house, nothing new is on the market so I will keep you posted. The kitchen is a sight to behold, but I will post pictures. The bones of it are cute, but it needs a lot of paint and some loving.

Post a Comment